Founded in 2000, TrackAbout is a profitable and growing software company that helps businesses track returnable assets. These assets are anything that companies deliver and eventually pick back up. Our customers use mobile devices running TrackAbout software to record the movement of their physical assets. We collect data, send it to our web site, and turn it into valuable knowledge which our customers use to run their businesses more efficiently. Our software currently runs on Web, Windows Mobile, Android, and iOS platforms.
We endeavor to live by our core values…
- Believe in the power of storytelling
- Work with great passion and enthusiasm
- Celebrate problem solving
- Foster a fun, friendly atmosphere
- No egos & no yelling
See our corporate website for more information https://corp.trackabout.com/
You will be a key member of our team fulfilling a critical role ensuring the quality of our product. You will work very closely with our product development team from the initial design of new features through their deployment and continued error-free operation in production.
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Test Engineer with 3-4 years of thorough knowledge of SDLC. The successful candidate will:
- Work with developers to create test cases for pending development work
- Work with developers to test the completed work in our integrated test environment
- Perform pre-release regression testing to ensure new functionality does not adversely affect existing functionality.
- Perform testing on our web application, including cross-browser compatibility testing on current versions of major browsers.
- Perform testing on our mobile applications, including Android, iOS and Windows Mobile platforms.
- Work with the Product Management and Support teams to document new functionality in our product documentation and release notes.
- Work with the Product Management team to identify and mitigate risky changes.
- Needs to have working knowledge of Manual Testing and Writing detailed test cases. (As part of the hiring process the candidate will be asked to write a testing plan.)
- Experience creating technical documentation
- Should have experience software testing with Android and iOS devices
- Should work well both independently and in a team environment
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Must be able to share ideas and have knowledge of best QA practices
- Understand Quality Management Systems
- Self Starter: You will need to be a self starter who can take the initiative on projects without a lot of supervision.
- Organized: You will have to juggle several projects at once and will need to keep them all organized.
- Multi-tasker. At any given time you will be managing multiple issues and projects.
- Fast Learner: You will get hands on experience with the product and our processes from day one. You should be a quick learner and ready to dig in.
Personal Traits we look for:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Insatiable curiosity, a love of learning and a desire to continuously improve
- Friendliness and solid interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
Located in our headquarters near the Pittsburgh airport
410 Rouser Rd #400
Moon Township PA, 15108
This is envisioned as an 'in-the-office' job in our Pittsburgh office. Once you are established at TrackAbout and are productively hitting your goals then we can discuss working some days remotely.
Travel is generally not required for this position. There may be very occasional travel for conferences or customer visits.
This is a full-time, salaried position with full benefits
Base salary will match experience
TrackAbout has a very competitive benefits plan including:
- 3.5 weeks of paid vacation
- Medical insurance
- 401k plan with matching contributions
- Stock options
- Life insurance